4.07.2009

The Car is Coming Together....Expect Pics...

So, my 1995 Volkswagen GTI VR6 is slowly coming together but it's going to start speeding up.
I bought new rims from J. D. down in Wilmington for next to nothing. The only issue was the offset of my stock rims was larger than the rims I bought. I went searching for a set of 10mm wheel adapters and 20 wheel bolts in a size 10mm longer than stock. Found the spacers on the 'tex for $80 and a couple weeks later I found all 20 bolts from a fellow dubber, also on from the 'tex. The bolts were never used and still individually packaged; I picked up the lot for $55. So all in all I spent $260 to get a sweet set of Avus rims on my car. I'm pretty stoked because EuroRennen 2009 is an annual european car show held this year in Jacksonville, NC and my car though not show worthy will be complete to ferry me to and from the show. I'll post pictures as soon as I can of the new rims. For now here is a photo before the new rims and when the rear spoiler was still on.

No comments: