3.31.2009

I Love My Wife...

I mentioned in a previous post about how my wife brought me out of a depression I didn't know I was in. I'm living a more vivacious life as a married man.

I've heard all of the arguments about how being single and how playing the field is a liberating and fulfilling experience. I beg to differ.

My wife is all that is woman.

Without so much as a word of opposition or gripe she's by my side through thick and thin. Nothing illustrates this point better than my endeavour to get back on Active Duty. I've told her about the prospect of me deploying, us having to move, us having to move every three years or her having to find a new job whenever we move. Nothing filled my heart with more joy than her unflinching resolve to support me when I told her about the option of us moving across the country, leaving our little slice of beach, to take up residence in the great state of Colorado. Her response was, "When? Let's go."

When people rush into a marraige after only seeing the surface of the perks and fun of having a help-mate to traverse life's peaks and valleys with, they never anticipate the trials that lurk in the deep, dark receses of the future.

I've seen marriages dissolve after a deployment, after a reassignment or when the stresses of military life interfere with the love a husband and wife have for each other...

Marriage. It's a job. It's a hobby. It's not the place to be selfish and no one has taught me that more than my wife.

That is all.

Don't be selfish and tell the one you love, you love them. Put them first and when you take the rose-colored glasses off, you'll see the world is rose-colored....


Thanks for reading,
WP

1 comment:

McHugh Family said...

Matt,
Wow what a sweetheart you are! Marriage is definately a hobby and a job, I agree totally. I am so glad that Mandy makes you this happy and is so willing to follow you in your adventures. I know you would be willing to do the same for her. I admire families who can move so often and live through deployments and re-enlistments, it sure is a hard life. Having children i'm not sure it would be so easy to relocate so often and deal with deployments. Going through our new job situation in all the discussions we have had about should we move or stay, should we take the job or not? I have found that in my marriage I know we can lean on eachother and as long as we have that then we can withstand a whole lot. I have found a new US during this process of hard times these last few months, I hope that my husband knows just how much I love him and appreciate his efforts to make this family strong. I hope that he sees me, in our own circumstances, the way you see your wife. This is a very inspirational blog and I am happy to say I know and love both of you a heck of a lot.