4.21.2009

The AXE Effect...

I'm sure you all remember when body sprays hit the mainstream and everyone was using them. By 'everyone' I mean guys who watched the commercials and actually bought into the naked chicks appearing in the rooms of guy who sprayed-on as he dresses.

I think AXE was by far the most popular, but then TAG got in the mix as did Old Spice. While each of th
e brands provided solid scents, they named them hard-core things like: Vice, Pheonix, Swagger, Live Wire, After Hours, Lucky Day. Well, Lucky Day is slightly less hard, but catchy nonetheless.

I'm a body spray fan.

What I'm not a fan of is the guys that think it's a shower alternative.

I looked at the three big names in
body sprays or brays as I'm going to refer to them in this story because I'm tired of writing two words to describe one thing.

The guys who'll go for a run at lunch spray on some Lucky Day and put their work clothes back on. The makers of popular brays factored in preventing stink, not how good their scent smelled when mingled with overwhelming ball sweat-stank.

The reason this post is seeing the light of day is because i purchased some AXE Clix yesterday because I had forgotten my
Arm & Hammer, all natural, stick deodorant at my house and subsequently had nothing to grace my underarms with when I was done showering after my workout.

I ran over to the store before class, dashed to the deodorant aisle and saw AXE Clix on sale. I sprayed some down the aisle and stuck my nose in it, like an old Warner Brother's cartoon with the visible scent waifs coming from a pie that Sylvester follows into the kitchen. I liked what I smelled, purchased and added some AXE to my life.

So, I condone the use of these products as cologne or in some cases deodorant, but never would I allow one to use any of these as a shower substitute. That is all.

Thanks for reading,
WP

No comments: