4.15.2008

A Down Trodden View...But Only Just....

I'm sitting in my kitchen. I'm not cooking or eating, that just happens to be where my laptop is hooked up.

I did however cook earlier in the evening and it was amazing. I'm a fan of creating my own rubs for steak. I'd like to say I made one, but I merely added to an already fantastic steak rub. It was the Montreal-salt free. Not sure who makes it but it was my base and to it I added: oregano, garlic salt, and chili powder. It was dandy.

To the post...

I'm out of it, man, seriously. I'm feeling like I work to often for too little. I'm under-sexed, over-bored, under-slept, over-tired and just ready for a vacation. I feel I work too many hours, when the reality of it is, I work just as many hours as any other full-time employee of anywhere non-military-40. It just feels like more.

For those of you who are out of the loop by you're own carelessness or by my over-sight in not publicizing the fact I'm getting married on the 20th of September in the Year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Eight. I am and there isn't anything I can do about it. I know. You're saying, "Dude, if you don't want it, leave!" I know; kind, compassionate reader, I'm able to leave if I wanted to. I don't and am actually looking forward to one vagina and one case of morning breath for the rest of my earthly life. Ah. Life. Breathe it in. It feels, fresh, stale, magical, mundane and everything I want it to be. BOOM! Marriage: available in you local life with someone with the opposite plumbing as you...

I'm not sleeping; I'm sleepy, just not sleeping.

School; for all of you who are done with it, I envy you. It's killing me. I've mentioned this before lately so I won't dwell on it at this point but expect a full rundown after this semester.

Wanna buy some tools? I'm working at Grainger right now and boy do I sell tools...man. I put an order in today for 300 traffic cones, at $26 a pop, translates into about 8k worth of traffic cones. I squabbled with a costumer who came in the other day. I told him he should throw down some of his rich uncle's money on a big air compressor. I suggested such a purchase because I know this gentleman uses pneumatic tools. I looked over the compressor and told me, "That's too big, what am I supposed to do with a compressor that big?"
"Bolt it into the back of a truck," I quipped.
"Nah, I can get one just as powerful that takes up less space," He responded.
"Doubt it, but we can look," I offered. At which point I pulled up our database and showed him our selection of air compressors. We happened to find one, smaller and equally powerful as the first one I suggested to him.
"See, I told you I know more about compressors than you," the man challenged.
"It seems you are right, but hardly the victor," I mused "You fail to realize that it makes no difference to me which compressor you prefer, so long as you buy it from me." To that he laughed and bought 4k worth of welding equipment.
Who said selling stuff is hard? They lie.

Well...I'm out.

Love,
WP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww you work for Grainger?? I order lots of stuff from there for my workplace... that and Home Depot Supply. Ok, that was my random comment!

PS. Congrats on setting a date for your wedding! Your girl is cute!

Ellen