2.13.2007

I Stole This From My Old Blog...If Its a Repeat For You...Sorry...

It's come to my attention that love is something entirely missunderstood and everyone wants to be in it, without fully acknowledging the responsibilities involved with loving.My frequent use of the word has come under scrutiny because I use it to describe my relationships and feelings for a few women in my life and my best friend Patrick McH. I'll address Patrick first because it's the easiest. **EDITOR'S NOTE (The Main Difference is being IN love and just PLAIN loving.)**

My friend Patrick McH is a fine individual, one of the finest, and he and I have been through thick and thin together and we just happen to be the two baddest m*th*rf*ck*rs on the planet. Also I love his family, Brit and Haiden are just as much my family and I'd do anything for them.But the real motivation behind this post is my frequent use of it towards women with whom I've developed a relationship that didn't start out, nor has it evolved into anything romantic or sexual. It's a purely platonic relationship yet without it I fear my life would be much less colorful and much more bleak and depressing. The three main recipients of this 'love' are my dear, dear friends Sharon, Chrissy, and Lydia.


Sharon is a delight. Pure and simple. She and I have had many a fun romp together. I advised her on the purchase of her new automobile while she tirelessly listens to me rant and rave about things that aren't problems, yet having someone to talk to about the just helps clear the air. While on the flip-side she is perfectly comfortable calling, emailling or otherwise contacting me if she is finding it hard to cope with problems at hand. I find that having a friend like Sharon makes seemingly large problems dissapate. She is my devil's advocate as I am hers. It also helps that we are in the same line of work and we've been in this line of work for a combined total of close to 10years so if she hasn't seen it, I have and vice versa. This love is not a romantic love, nor sexual love, this is an unconditional, I'm here when noone else is and even if they are, kinda of love. Lova ya, Shar.


Christastic, is my dear friend because she also is in the same line of work I'm in which is Public Relations for those who don't know. She's also been able to help me during my deployment with funny anecdotes about her shenanigans back in VA and also by sending me much needed supplies to combat the boredom of being on a ship for months on end, i.e. coloring books, drink mixes, and cans of spaghetti Oh's. This love is a love that knows that we're there for each other, when she heads out on her next deployment I'm going to be right there sending her fun little trinkets and keeping her stocked up on stories about how much fun we are having without her and talking about the loads of fun we'll have upon her return. Thanx, Chris, Love ya.

Lydia, another PR folk, we have a dendancy to travel in packs, is another outstanding friend whom I've spent countless hours talking to. She stimulates my brainmush by coming up with off the wall ideas that if people weren't so self absorbed might actually work. We've spent countless weekends together when we didn't feel like trollin' for the opposite sex. It's a goodtime to hang-out with someone without having to impress them or feel like if you don't bring your A-game they're going to write you off. Love ya, Dave.

Love isn't exclusively for use between family, people you are boinkin', and boyfriends and girlfriends. While it's a good ideal and feeling to attach to any of the aforementioned arrangements, it might be more accurate to use when you realize that without a certain someone in your life, things might could be (thars some NC for ya) less good. Because let's face it who doesn't like feeling taken care of? Who hates the thought of having a relationship where you don't ever feel like you owe the other person anything? Come with me on this journey by taking stock in your 'friends'. I have. Figure out who you could never hear from again and it wouldn't even faze you. I know you've got those friends. I have them. I don't love them. They are accessories to my existance, nothing more. While I also know that you've got those chums that just hearing their voice over the phone or getting that email, floods your mind with fantastic memories of times that you and that person shared. Times that will pepper all of your stories with all of your future friends. Goodtimes. Goodtimes with Friends.That's all for now...know that I love you guys...for the others that are reading this know that I Love You, too...Piece out.

No comments: