11.16.2005

I Understand that Whatever is Going on in Your Life is Really Important and You are a Great Parent...but Give Me a Break....

Sorry about the late post...I'm really behind the powerball...

Why is it that people have a tendency to think that whatever they are doing or saying is more important than what you are doing or saying? Case in point; I was standing outside the bank the other day at 8:45 a.m. waiting for it to open at 9:30 a.m. I was there early because I was applying for a loan for my 1995 VW Golf GTI VR6. The car that I've been looking for, for about a year. Got the loan. Getting the car today.
While I was waiting a formidable line formed, actually it was more of cluster of people all wanting to be first in line so they all started there own lines... Soon it looked like a preschool out there with sub-three year-olds running out into the road and mothers, who all thought they should be on the cover of Parents magazine, loudly admonishing them. Then, bang on cue, cell phones started to ring. I heard conversations about work, family, friends, car problems, constructions sites, and many other things. Loudly, too I might add.
I'm a stickler for cell phone courtesy and conversation courtesy as well. Why do people talk on cell phones during dinner at a restaurant? How hard is it to excuse yourself and talk somewhere else? People that talk on cell phones while they are checking out at a store. Cashiers and Clerks are people too and certain courtesies should be paid to them. Cell phone use in cars...I don't really care about that. Whatever. But when you are at dinner or out with friends for a purpose then for crying out loud let's use some courtesy...
Look for my VR6....update....BADOW!...Piece Out.

No comments: