11.16.2005

Clerks...A Forgotten Demographic of Datable People...

Having worked in a grocery store for 2 years while I was in high school I think I can offer a piece of advice about check out clerks being the forgotten demographic of eligible people.
Store clerks are awesome when they are between the ages of 18-25, female, and well put together. I mean come on, walk into any American Eagle Outfitter, Hollister, A & F and tell me they don't hire the sweetest looking, most endearing young women to sell me expensive clothing and accessories...You can't. If they are single, it's even better on top of that they wear nametags. You don't even need to ask them their name. What is harder than asking someone their name? Probably the coolest part is when they seem interested you can tell them your name so it's easy for everyone. But if they don't seem interested then don't give them anything. If they are interested what is a better pick-up line than "When are you getting off and what are you doing after?" NOTHING! It just that easy. I'm sure it's just as easy for a girl to meet dudes. I'm not going to comment about that aspect but if it works for me it should work for them. It works with coffee shops and other places that you go to a lot. I met this really nice girl at a coffee shop once and we hung out for a short minute. Even if you aren't looking to 'pick-up' someone still talk to your check out clerk. Use their name ask them how their day is going. Not only will it brighten your day but it might just take the edge off of their monotonous job.

No comments: