10.31.2005

Scared? If You Aren't You Should Be....

I enjoy being scared. I'm not talking about monster scared or Freddie Krueger or Jason scared. I'm talking about things that could actual happen scared. I heard about a movie the other day, I think I was watching VH1's scariest movie moments or something like that and they hit the nail right on the head. Japan and the Far East are coming out with movies that are really scary. I mean freaky in an other-worldy sense. I saw a Korea movie called "Tale of two Sisters" directed by Ji-woon Kim. The movie was subtitled and extremely hard to follow. I still don't really know what it was about. But aside from that I was freaked out. On VH1 or whatever I was watching they mentioned another flick called "Audition" and it was directed by Takashi Miike. The movie came out in '99 but the reviews that I've read on the 'net have this movie way up on the Scary Movie List. I haven't seen it but I'm in the process of hunting it down. If any of you have seen it let me know what you thought of it and I'm certainly going to post my thoughts as soon as I can find it and watch it. Feel free to post your favorite scary movies.

No comments: