10.29.2007

Well I'm all Moved and Manders Couldn't be Happier...

This past weekend was insane. Literally, insane. Our lease was up on our house on the Richlands side of Jacksonville and we're now out in Snead's Ferry. In a sweet-ass little townhouse. Our move wasn't without complications.
I try to be a self-starter, who gets things done. Case in point, I'm a change-my-own-oil'er. I changed the oil on all four of our cars one afternoon while Mandy was at work. Did it by the book, contained all the waste oil in the drum/pan and set it on the side of my house. I guess the ground was uneven and I think my cat, BK Broiler, knocked it over and spilled a good bit of it on the ground. Not being a huge environmentalist I merely moved the drum over and left the spilled oil. The spilled oil subsequently left a nasty, black patch of dead grass. This weekend Mandy was fretting over the dead, black grass on the side of our old house. I eased her mind by telling her, "I'm going to rattle-can that black grass!" She didn't know what it meant to 'rattle-can' something. So, I rephrased, "I'm going to spray-paint that black grass!" So that's what I'm going to do. Rattle-Can my yard in the dead spots.
Also, moving into our new house was a challenge because while the new house has about 100 more square-feet it also has stairs. So, if you can picture this, me and Mandy's little, sawed-off self wrestling our queen-side mattress and box spring up a flight of about 25 stairs. A fun time.

-WP

No comments: