10.15.2007

Alcohol Update: Carolina Pale Ale

Being a North Carolinian I was pretty excited to check out a local brew. Through Google, I found the Carolina Brewing Company and in turn found out they brew Carolina Pale Ale.

Upon first examination, it has a pleasing dark amber color with a full, creamy head. First drink, not good. Really. Not good.

I love beer. I am a lover of darker beers, but I couldn't choke down a pint of Carolina Pale Ale. I took three drinks and sent it back for a Magic Hat #9.

I was too bitter, with an overbearing aftertaste that wasn't sweet or sour or dry or fruity. It was rancid. I expect a bit of a kick in the aftertaste of a good beer but it should give way to a smooth enjoyable flavor. This unfortunately did not. If anyone has a positive experience with this beer please let me know. I am willing to admit if I've had a bad batch. Anything is possible.


-WP

No comments: