9.15.2007

Sit Down, Strap In, It May Get Bumpy....

OK Bloggites, check yourself before you wreck yourself.


So, a couple weeks ago I left my last class, American History II, and stopped by WallyWankerVille to do some grocery shopping. I parked next to a 13ft-tall early 90's Ford F-150, with huge tires. It was white, much like the VR6 is white. Being a photographer I snapped a shot with my phone to show Manders.
I do my shopping and come out about an hour or two later and that dick less, son of a goat, hit my car with one of his over-sized tires. But the kicker is that he left, no note, no nothing. Gone.
So, like any system loving American I called the local Polizia and a very cordial officer arrived on scene. I filed a report and a APB went out for the truck. The officer assured me that if the truck was around it wouldn't be that hard to spot. Feeling encouraged I asked the officer, "What is the next step?" He said, just wait, if we find the truck we'll bring him in and if you see the truck get the plate number and call it in. Sweet.
Nothing for two or three weeks.
Today, Sept 15, 2007, Manders and I are going to look for a new house when we turn down the street and lo and behold the truck is right there in a guy's driveway. I told myself, as a former Marine, that if I found the guy and he would more than likely be a Marine, I was going to take him from all angles. I was going to find his unit and let them know, I was going to get the State on him for a hit and run and I was going to sic my insurance company on him. So, here's the truck. Manders jumps out of the van and goes to get the plate number. There isn't one. No plate. completely de-registered. So, we knock on the door. A spindly, tattooed white guy comes out.
(My words are in very manly BLACK and his are in a girly-mangina PINK)
"Hey bro," I said, "'Zat yer truck?"
"Yeah," he said.
"Did you happen to hit a small, white VW a couple weeks back in the Walmart parking lot?"
"No, man, why?"
"Because I own a small, white VW and I was hit by your truck a couple weeks back in the Walmart parking lot and the dick less, bastard didn't leave a note or anything."
"It wasn't me, I just bought this truck a week ago."
"Who did you buy it from?"
"I don't know."
"Nice. Well either way, I called the police when it happened and filed a report. I'd be careful driving that truck around, the cops are looking for it."
"Really!?"
"Why would I lie about something like that? I'm out $400 bucks to fix the front of my f*ckin' car. I'm serious."
"Well, I know the guy who sold it to me used to let a bunch of people borrow it."
"I thought you didn't know who you bought it from?"
"I don't."
"Have a nice day. I'm calling the police. Have a good weekend."

I called the polizia from the next street over and a cruiser was sent out and I told him the story and he went and talked to the guy. I should find out what's up in a couple of days. Thanks for reading. I'll keep you all posted.

WP

No comments: