12.12.2005

Street Racing is a Crime...Embarrassing...And Potentially Dangerous

I enjoy driving fast, I enjoy beautiful women, I enjoy apple pie. The latter has nothing to do with this story. I was mixing the first two this past weekend. Let me give you some back story. My ladyfriend lives near me and we were enroute to Blockbuster Video after dinner. My ladyfriend is not only capable of conversation but is quite attractive and enjoys giving me a hard time. I'm going to be a stingy SOB and not mention her name. My vehicle is the 1995 Golf GTI VR6 that I've mentioned in previous posts. Mix the two of them and you've got a marvelous evening. The two of them don't mind being mixed so long as I don't add a spritzing of random street racing. My friend I'll call her Sue for lack of a better name and so I don't have to keep refering to her as my "ladyfriend". Sue told me all weekend that racing is going to get me in trouble so I've toned it down...but not enough.
I was sitting at a light late Saturday night and heard the car next to me revv a bit. I echoed back with a high pitched revv from my chip-modded 2.8l. He revved again and the light changed. I dropped it and took off. Hitting each of my shift points to maximize the power and put it to the road. I had just hit my point in 2nd and slid it into 3rd when Sue looked over and in the calmest, almost soothing, your dying and that's the voice you want your nurse to have as you slip into the unknown tone she says "Hey, did you know you're racing a Sheriff?"
I can't even describe the overwhelming feeling of embarrassment, fear, and fear again.
He pulled us/me over and came to Sue's window. The first words out of his mouth were "Don't I know you from somewhere?" I told him that I didn't know. He also asked Sue how much she liked getting pulled over. She said that she didn't like it all that much. That was when the embarrassment set in. I felt like the biggest fool. Fortunately he let me go saying that he had a long day and was going home to see his family. I'm not going to bore you with all of the stories but I've had three speeding tickets in the past 9 months. The worst being 85 in a 55 that my lawyer took care of. So here I am forutunately still having Sue as my friend, having my license intact, and my car is still wicked Fast...the moral is to not race various forms of law enforcement officials in their actual squad cars....also if you've got a friend that gives you sound advice; FOLLOW IT!...Piece Out.

No comments: