2.29.2008

My Last Day as an Active Reservist....

I'm done. After seven months of having my expertise ignored by enlisted and officer alike, I'm throwing the deuce and buggin' out.

I'm off to work for a large industrial supply company in Eastern NC. Good for two reasons; I get to continue living at the beach and I'm still living near all my friends and my college.

I've discovered something about the Marine Corps, I'm pleased to share with you. The leadership is suffering. The people who join the Marine Corps are doing so for the wrong reasons and for that I'm saddened. I think when an office is full of people and the office happens to be their first duty station that's a problem. It's a problem because after they've been there for a year or two they start thinking in small terms and thinking the small box they subsist in is everything that is. They lose sight of the rigors of Marine Corps life due in large part to the fact they've never experienced it. These people are irritating because they haven't deployed for whatever reason. Most often it's fear of the unknown or wives who don't understand the Corps. The rant ends here...More to come...

No comments: